Specialists in quarry and mine development and management, Geotech have contract mined coal and rock on both the West Coast and Canterbury, managed and operated gold mines, and provided a range of mining, geological, and drill and blast services to mining companies over the past 20 years.
Our attention to environmental remediation has won us contracts in eco sensitive regions, and care is taken to ensure environmental rehabilitation occurs where appropriate.
Key services we provide include:
- Exploration drilling
- Precision drill and blast for rock removal
- Bulk production blasting
- Excavation and cartage
- Rehabilitation, re-soiling and contouring
- Highwall management and monitoring
- Post-mining remedial works
- Access and haul road construction and maintenance
- Dam and pond construction and maintenance
- Water, drainage and environmental management
- Infrastructure establishment and management
- Underground fire control and management
The mining and quarrying environment is challenging dynamic and increasingly complex to manage. Geotech has invested in high level industry training and retains numerous staff who hold mine and quarry manager Certificates of Competence (CoCs), assessed and accredited through the new system overseen by WorkSafe.
With over twenty years experience in both open cut and underground mining, Geotech can offer a range of specialist underground services including:
- Installation of water, power and ventilation services
- Coal sampling
- Shaft recovery and mine refurbishment
- Fire suppression
- Installation of stoppings