Geotech has over two decades of experience working in extreme locations and undertaking specialised geotechnical operations, Geotech's passion is working in difficult environments for maximum results.
Able to rapidly mobilise resources, we have been able to assist with a range of bulk clearance works and emergency stabilisation. We also have the skills and expertise to support rehabilitation of public infrastructure and help to develop geological resilience to natural hazards. We have built up a reputation for ground-work solutions to enhance the safety and stability of key infrastructure assets following natural events, working on a range of projects including:
- Kaikoura earthquake remediation: Road and slip clearance, earthworks, cartage, rock scaling, rail tunnel repairs, road tunnel repairs, bulk earthworks benching and slip stabilisation, scaling of faces using a water monitor
- Canterbury earthquakes: Emergency rope access works, demolition, land clearance, excavation and land preparation, slope damage remediation, retaining wall repairs, rock hazard removal
- Severe weather events: Tree removal, windfall clearance, state highway dropout reinstatement, rock scaling, rock removal and deconstruction
- Post-earthquake safety inspections: Public walking tracks, tunnels on conservation land, tourist venture assets, walking and cycling access ways, service tunnel inspections
- Water tunnel collapse: Collapse clearance, maintenance and stabilisation works, re-piping, consultancy advice
Geotech has completed a range of specialised projects in sensitive sites, including the establishment of vehicle and heavy plant access within pristine environments. We are experienced at undertaking work for clients in National Parks, on heritage sites, and on public conservation land, utilising particular methods and practices to avoid environmental harm and minimise impacts.